It is with great sorrow that we announce the passing of the founder of Rios Golden Cut Salons, Ben E. Rios, Sr. Born in 1933 in Floresville, Texas, Rios grew up in a poor family and developed an entrepreneurial spirit at a young age. After serving in the military during the Korean War, he returned to San Antonio and began working for La Vue Beauty Supply. Due to his strong work ethic, honesty and strong relationship with the owner, Rios was provided an opportunity to start his own business. In 1964, he opened the first hair salon that built the foundation for the family business. “He was a great businessman who cared for his employees and for his community,” said Eric Rios, CEO/President. “His dedication, work ethic and ideals influenced every aspect of the success we have today.” Today, Rios Golden Cut Salons has been in busi- ness for over 50 years and has over 30 salons across San Antonio. Rios Golden Cut Salons is the recipient of several awards, including the MEDWeek Minority Legacy Firm of the Year for 2016. It is the largest family owned salon in Bexar County.
About The Author
Established in 1913, La Prensa Texas is a historic, independently-owned bilingual newspaper and online publication. La Prensa is the first and oldest bilingual publication in the state of Texas. In June of 2018, Steve Duran resurrected the paper one more time to not only bring a positive, diverse voice to the community and to help marginalize community access relevant and meaningful information that impacts their lives.
June 24, 2018
July 15, 2018
Around the Web
- Cutting It Close: Facing Loss of Income, San Antonio Salon Workers Keep Up Risky Work Amid Pandemic
- Bexar County Commissioners approve $5.65 million loan program to save small businesses
- Musicians struggle with cancellations because of COVID-19
- Texas Hospitals Brace for Coronavirus Surge with Uncertain Stocks of Protective Gear
- SAHCC VOICES Podcast Episode 2 June 2, 2020 La Prensa Texas
- Nuevas costumbres en los deportes Lamentable fallecimiento del legendario beisbolista Guillermo “Memo” Salas, June 1, 2020 La Prensa Texas
- This Day In June 1, 2020 La Prensa Texas