The world has grown to love the musical magic of Carlos Santana. Since he first began creating his sound in 1960, he has produced nine platinum and 14 gold albums. The first to earn CBS Records Crystal Globe Award for selling over 10 million albums, Santana was born in Mexico in 1947 and was playing the guitar at 13. By 1966, the music of Santana exploded on the streets of San Francisco. Performing before an estimated 13 million people and selling over 30 million albums, he is one of the greatest guitarists ever. Santana was recently inducted into Hollywood’s Rock Walk of Fame.
About The Author
Leonard B. Rodriguez is the President and CEO of the Westside Development Corporation. He is a former White House Advisor to the President of the United States and the 2017 St. Benitia Humanitarian Award Recipient.
Around the Web
- Why a Latino Republican from Arizona says he gave up on the GOP
- Ruben Navarrette Jr.: After El Paso shooting, Julian Castro loses his restraint — and finds his voice
- Local governments are trying to fix racial inequity. But the path forward isn’t clear.
- Analysis: Texas presidential candidates and the strength of geography
- Not 'invaders': Some Hispanic families in the Southwest predate the US entirely