The world has grown to love the musical magic of Carlos Santana. Since he first began creating his sound in 1960, he has produced nine platinum and 14 gold albums. The first to earn CBS Records Crystal Globe Award for selling over 10 million albums, Santana was born in Mexico in 1947 and was playing the guitar at 13. By 1966, the music of Santana exploded on the streets of San Francisco. Performing before an estimated 13 million people and selling over 30 million albums, he is one of the greatest guitarists ever. Santana was recently inducted into Hollywood’s Rock Walk of Fame.
About The Author
Leonard B. Rodriguez is the President and CEO of the Westside Development Corporation. He is a former White House Advisor to the President of the United States and the 2017 St. Benitia Humanitarian Award Recipient.
Around the Web
- Cutting It Close: Facing Loss of Income, San Antonio Salon Workers Keep Up Risky Work Amid Pandemic
- Bexar County Commissioners approve $5.65 million loan program to save small businesses
- Musicians struggle with cancellations because of COVID-19
- Texas Hospitals Brace for Coronavirus Surge with Uncertain Stocks of Protective Gear
- Cristina Teuscher May 25, 2020 La Prensa Texas
- Patricia Vonne Rodriguez, Mexican-American Singer, Actress, and San Antonio Native Will Co-Host and Perform on the Next Episode of Artist, David Blanca’s, Virtual Program May 20, 2020 La Prensa Texas
- Humanitarian Missions are Being Carried Out at San Antonio International Airport May 19, 2020 La Prensa Texas