The world has grown to love the musical magic of Carlos Santana. Since he first began creating his sound in 1960, he has produced nine platinum and 14 gold albums. The first to earn CBS Records Crystal Globe Award for selling over 10 million albums, Santana was born in Mexico in 1947 and was playing the guitar at 13. By 1966, the music of Santana exploded on the streets of San Francisco. Performing before an estimated 13 million people and selling over 30 million albums, he is one of the greatest guitarists ever. Santana was recently inducted into Hollywood’s Rock Walk of Fame.
About The Author
Leonard B. Rodriguez is the President and CEO of the Westside Development Corporation. He is a former White House Advisor to the President of the United States and the 2017 St. Benitia Humanitarian Award Recipient.
Around the Web
- Big labor renews calls for immigration reform
- Mexico won't ratify new NAFTA if U.S. keeps tariffs on steel and aluminum
- ‘Much remains to be done’ to address inequality for Afro-descendants in Latin America, report says
- These Are the Must-See Latino & Latin American Movies at SXSW Film Festival
- What We Don’t Know About Our Hispanic Past
- Biden hires veteran Latino operative
- Sons of author Gabriel García Márquez producing Spanish-language show for Netflix