The world has grown to love the musical magic of Carlos Santana. Since he first began creating his sound in 1960, he has produced nine platinum and 14 gold albums. The first to earn CBS Records Crystal Globe Award for selling over 10 million albums, Santana was born in Mexico in 1947 and was playing the guitar at 13. By 1966, the music of Santana exploded on the streets of San Francisco. Performing before an estimated 13 million people and selling over 30 million albums, he is one of the greatest guitarists ever. Santana was recently inducted into Hollywood’s Rock Walk of Fame.
About The Author
Leonard B. Rodriguez is the President and CEO of the Westside Development Corporation. He is a former White House Advisor to the President of the United States and the 2017 St. Benitia Humanitarian Award Recipient.
Around the Web
- LULAC promises Latino voices won't be silent in 2020
- Hispanics are key to keeping Texas red
- Over Half of Hispanic Voters Support Citizenship Question on Census
- Democrats are pushing for drastic change to immigration policy. Some Latino leaders say they’re going too far
- An important breakthrough for Hispanic voters
- At Latino conference, 2020 Democrats accuse Trump of terrorizing Hispanics