One of the most distinguished Hispanic scholars, Dr. George Isidor Sanchez devoted his adult life to the educational and social needs of the Spanish- speaking. While at the University of Texas, he dedicated 40 years to lecturing, consulting and directing projects and programs on bilingual, bicultural and minority education. His efforts are responsible for most of the bilingual and bicultural programs today. He also was an expert in Latin American education. He authored several works and his ideology has been published in hundreds of articles. Active with the League of United Latin American Citizens and president from 1941-1942, Sanchez was a leading spokesperson against discrimination and educational segregation until his death in 1972.
About The Author
Leonard B. Rodriguez is the President and CEO of the Westside Development Corporation. He is a former White House Advisor to the President of the United States and the 2017 St. Benitia Humanitarian Award Recipient.
Around the Web
- Mariachi Music Blog
- Cutting It Close: Facing Loss of Income, San Antonio Salon Workers Keep Up Risky Work Amid Pandemic
- Bexar County Commissioners approve $5.65 million loan program to save small businesses
- Musicians struggle with cancellations because of COVID-19
- Texas Hospitals Brace for Coronavirus Surge with Uncertain Stocks of Protective Gear
- Walter Alvarez July 6, 2020 La Prensa Texas
- A Latino Perspective on Protest, Justice, and Reform June 29, 2020 La Prensa Texas
- Black Lives Matter…. June 29, 2020 La Prensa Texas