Professor of Neurology and Associate Vice President for Research Administration at Northwestern University, internationally recognized molecular biologist Dr.Lydia Villa Komaroff earned her doctorate in biology from MIT. SHe also worked as an Associate Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. Her work in molecular biology has been published in more than 60 reviews and articles as well as in the book “Invisible Frontiers: The Race to Clone the Insulin Gene” by Stephan Hall. Overseeing the research functions at Northwestern University, she has chaired many committees including the first human brain transplant studies. Committed to minorities in science, she is a founding member in the Society of the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science.
About The Author
Leonard B. Rodriguez is the President and CEO of the Westside Development Corporation. He is a former White House Advisor to the President of the United States and the 2017 St. Benitia Humanitarian Award Recipient.
Around the Web
- Big labor renews calls for immigration reform
- Mexico won't ratify new NAFTA if U.S. keeps tariffs on steel and aluminum
- ‘Much remains to be done’ to address inequality for Afro-descendants in Latin America, report says
- These Are the Must-See Latino & Latin American Movies at SXSW Film Festival
- What We Don’t Know About Our Hispanic Past
- Biden hires veteran Latino operative
- Sons of author Gabriel García Márquez producing Spanish-language show for Netflix