Radio and TV personality Sally Jesse Raphael began her career. After studying at Columbia University and at the Actor’s Studio in New York, Raphael worked in numerous broadcasting jobs before landing and anchor position for a Miami morning TV show and hosting an afternoon radio interview show. By 1976, she was still hosting a New York radio show when she talked away a smile radio call-in show. Finally finding her niche, her career skyrocketed into shows for TV versions in 1983. With more than 30 years and broadcasting, Raphael is the recipient of a 1989 Emmy Award for outstanding talk show host and a 1990 Emmy for the best talk show.
About The Author
Leonard B. Rodriguez is the President and CEO of the Westside Development Corporation. He is a former White House Advisor to the President of the United States and the 2017 St. Benitia Humanitarian Award Recipient.
Around the Web
- Why a Latino Republican from Arizona says he gave up on the GOP
- Ruben Navarrette Jr.: After El Paso shooting, Julian Castro loses his restraint — and finds his voice
- Local governments are trying to fix racial inequity. But the path forward isn’t clear.
- Analysis: Texas presidential candidates and the strength of geography
- Not 'invaders': Some Hispanic families in the Southwest predate the US entirely