Antonio Banderas was already a famous Spanish star before making his Hollywood debut in 1992 as a young cuban musician in “The Mambo Kings.” Speaking little English, he learned his lines phonetically. He landed roles in “Philadelphia” and “Interview with a Vampire” which launched his heartthrob image. By 1995, Banderas-mania hit mainstream as he starred in three multi budget thrillers, “Assassins,” “Desperado” and “Never Talk to Strangers,” making him one of America’s most desirable and sexy men. Turning in a riveting performance in “Evita” and capturing the title role in “The Mask of Zorro,” Banderas is being billed as the next blockbuster star.
About The Author
Leonard B. Rodriguez is the President and CEO of the Westside Development Corporation. He is a former White House Advisor to the President of the United States and the 2017 St. Benitia Humanitarian Award Recipient.
Around the Web
- The Many Dimensions of the Chief Justice’s Triumphant Term
- Jordana Barton: Helping Close the Digital Divide Amid COVID-19
- Mariachi Music Blog
- Cutting It Close: Facing Loss of Income, San Antonio Salon Workers Keep Up Risky Work Amid Pandemic
- Bexar County Commissioners approve $5.65 million loan program to save small businesses
- Musicians struggle with cancellations because of COVID-19
- La Prensa Texas Heads to Washington D.C. Digital Coverage of the Inauguration of 46th President January 15, 2021 La Prensa Texas
- Mancha Democratica January 15, 2021 La Prensa Texas
- La Prensa Texas Heads to Washington D.C. for Exclusive Coverage of the 2021 Presidential Inauguration During January 17 – 23 January 15, 2021 Yvette Tello